The course is an introduction to the algorithmic problem of finding information on the Web. It shows the challenges of this field and the solutions that are implemented.
References used in the course:
- Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan and Hinrich Schütze, Introduction to Information Retrieval, Cambridge University Press. 2008.
- dmoztools, the directory of the web: http://dmoztools.net/
- Croft, W. B., Metzler, D., & Strohman, T. Search engines: Information retrieval in practice. . (2015). Resources of the book: http://www.search-engines-book.com/
- ChengXiang Zhai, Text Retrieval and Search Engines, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2015. On-line course.
- Levene, Mark. An introduction to search engines and web navigation. John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- Galago Search: galagosearch-1.04-bin (Link source: https://code.google.com/archive/p/galagosearch/downloads)
- CACM corpus: cacm.corpus (Link source: http://www.search-engines-book.com/collections/)
- Arabic stop-words: stopwords_ar
- Text operations: TextOperationsZiviani (from: Chapter 7 Text Operations – Nivio Ziviani)